This is gonna be a hard one. Six things about myself- it was much easier to talk about my hubby :) Here we go, I don't want to let you down Ang.
#1
Some people don't know this about me but I am proud to say that I use to be a full-on Hippie! That's right, I did the whole no showering, vegan, wanted dread locks badly- thing. I really enjoyed it too! I still think there is a bit of hippie in me and that is not so bad right? There is nothing wrong with wanting love and peace; and a little BO never hurt anybody :) My Hippie tendencies still come out every once in a while but don't worry I now bathe on a regular basis. I have this dream of living in Africa with a tribe or living completely off the land for a couple of months. James has not agreed to any of these things yet, but I am working on him. I should add that I am now a recovering vegetarian and eat chicken quite often. James keeps hoping I will cook a juicy steak one of these days....but I don't know about that. Peace out!
#2
I love to dance! Maybe some of you already knew that...but it has been a good while since I have gotten my groove on and I miss it terribly. I started dancing when I was about 3 years old and have been a dancing fool ever since. I grew up doing Modern Dance (yes, sometimes we danced as though we were leaves falling from a tree) But I loved it! It was the perfect way for me to express myself, especially since I was a little shy growing up. I danced with CDT up until I graduated High School and even traveled to Finland to dance in a International Conference. I was on the Drill team for 2 years in High School. GO BHS!! I have found it is a lot harder to dance now that I am older and Prego, but I have been taking Hip Hop classes at my gym. When I grow up (no I am not grown up yet) I would love to own a dance studio and teach dance. There is something magical about dance and it will always be a passion of mine- even if the only dancing I do is in the shower.
#3
I am very paranoid. In fact, it is a great way for James to tease me. I thank my Mom for my paranoia (she was a worry wart- but just b/c she loves us so much) The second I get in my car or walk in the door the first thing I do is lock the door behind me. I always lock James in the car when I get out first- Ha ha! I also love to obsess over little things like James shutting the garage when he leaves in the morning. He forgot to once and ever since then I have been calling him after he leaves to make sure he really shut it- it has been about 2 months. Poor guy. I am also very strict with my food labels. I like to throw them out BEFORE they reach the expiration date. James says it is more of a guideline and will eat it a couple days past- YUCK!! Can you believe that kind of behavior from a Microbiology major??
#4
When I was a little girl I wanted to be a Maid when I grew up. Crazy huh? Don't tell my hubby- he will be wondering what happened to that idea and why our house is so messy. I guess I wouldn't have been to good at it. When I was a little girl I loved to empty out all the cupboards and clean and organize them, along with the fridge...What was I thinking? Don't worry I have since outgrown that desire and have not cleaned the fridge since.
#5
In High School I begged my mom to get me a skateboard. She finally gave in (bless her heart) and I got my very own one. It was wicked!! I had several skate shoes b/c they were necessary to perform the tricks appropriately and plus they were super cool. I had some guy friends that I would go skate with and I got pretty decent. I could Alie a box and even go down some mini ramps. Oh did I mention I had a rad orange helmet- my mom was always looking out for me. I thought I was pretty cool hangin with the guys. It was a lot of fun and I never got myself killed so that is a bonus. I carried this desire with me into the college years and even got a couple of girlfriends into it. We snuck into a skate park at like midnight and had a blast falling on our faces. Unfortunately I have not rocked the skateboard for a couple of years- but don't worry I intend to pick it up again when our little boy starts walking!!! Skate or Die!!
#6
Ha ha I just thought of this and had to mention it. It is pretty funny. It kinda goes along with the whole Hippie thing. I forgot to mention that every time I saw litter no matter what- I would pick it up. Even if it meant pulling over the car and getting out!!It gets better....every time I saw a dead animal or accidentally hit a bug on my windshield I would say a little prayer for the poor thing. I was praying quite often especially on long road trips. I still love animals but I am not quite that extreme.
Hopefully you have learned some random and interesting facts about me. That was fun!! I tag Ali, Ellen, and Ariel. Get to it girls!!



3 comments:
Kristina,
You are hilarious. I love that you were a skateboarding, dancing hippie. That is amazing and I would have never guessed those things about you (besides the dancing). I bet those bugs were so grateful for you when you did pray for them. Saved their souls. You are so cute and I loved reading about you. Thanks for doing the tag.
I'm so disappointed that I am not the first one to comment. It's good though, people are reading your tag and they love you! You really are so funny and adorable. Peace Love Skate
oh my gosh! you make me laugh! It's so fun to read this because i never really got to know you...i just felt like you were an instant friend when you and james hooked up! :)
I love that you were a hippie! i can't really see you not showering...that cracks me up! I can totally see you gettin your groove on as a dancer though! And, i'm starting to feel guilty for not saying prayers for all the animals/bugs lives i've taken. One time on our way to lake powell in the middle of the night my friend hit like 7 bunnies...i think bunnies are brainless now. I will still pray for them!
--jami--
PS, super cute LIL belly...i can't believe you're 7 mos...TINY!!
Post a Comment