Trayden

Trayden

Beckham

Beckham

My One and Only

My One and Only

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible. It cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any other material possession ever could."

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Top Secret Birthday Adventure!

So this year was a big one! My one and only said goodbye to his youth and hello to his thirties!! James is 30!! I wanted to do something extra special for him this year so he would never forget it. I started scheming in August and the planning began. I decided it would be fun to kidnap him for a weekend get-away. After secretly getting work off for him on Sat and getting things booked we took off for a fun- filled weekend. Here is how it went down...

Friday I met James for lunch and gave him his first b-day gift. He had strict instructions to open it at work and follow the specific instructions inside the gift. This is the result...

Check out that shirt. In case you can't see it, it says "Look at me, I'm 30 and sexy!" LOL. He was so embarrassed and had no idea what he was in for. My mom was planning on watching Tray for the weekend (thanks mom) so we had a good little story all planned out. We were going to look at house stuff and she was coming with us. As soon as we got him in the car I blindfolded him (until Tray got scared and started screaming-so he just closed his eyes and promised not to peek) and away to the airport we went. When we finally got there and he saw where we were he was like "what the heck , babe?" ha ha, priceless. He was so confused. We said our goodbyes :( and ventured into the airport. It was so funny, everyone was looking at his shirt and laughing. He even got a couple of whistles. I was loving it and the birthday boy was humiliated.

He did not have a clue where we were going until we boarded the plane. We arrived in Denver and I had a rental car waiting for us and I whisked him off to dinner. The whole time James kept asking to make sure that I knew he had to work on Saturday. I told him not to worry that we would be home in time for it. He was then thinking we were going to catch a red eye home at 2 AM. I could tell he was stressing about working on patients with very little sleep so I decided to let him in on my secret. This was not an overnight adventure but a weekend get-away. I could see the relief wash over him and then the puzzled look. He was shocked that I had called his practice and got him the day off. He, he I am sneaky. We went to a super fancy restaurant in the heart of downtown. It was pretty romantic.
James trying to recover from shock at dinner.

Next it was off to our hotel and cable TV (which meant James was watching Sports Center) I let him since it was his birthday ;) The next morning we went in for a relaxing couple massage and then headed off to Six Flags. I never told James what was next so it was a weekend of surprises. I LOVE surprises!!
Lots of fun roller coasters that made us sick... we must be getting old.
We had a blast at the haunted house. You could shoot the goblins and the ride kept your score. I totally dominated! James's man pride kept getting the best of him so we rode this ride about 7 times. I remain undefeated!
After this we departed for our next surprise location which was the whole reason we came to Denver.
Red Rocks Amphitheater to see Jason Mraz!!
I think that was one of the most beautiful venues I have ever been to. The music was awesome and the scenery couldn't be beat. James has really been into Jason Mraz lately so I did some research and discovered that he was coming to Denver around his birthday. It was meant to be.
Jason rocked and concerts are the best! I think James had a perma-grin the whole time and that was so rewarding for me.
After a fun-filled day we retired to our hotel. Sunday we went to church and came home to our little munchkin who we missed like CRAZY!. Of course I had one more surprise left...







James has been drooling over this guitar for a while and I thought that he really deserved it with all his hard work. It was such a fun surprise and a fun little vacation. Happy Birthday Sweetie! I love you.

7 comments:

cheeks said...

kristina....are you kidding me?!?!? what a thoughtful, romantic, sweet, perfect, surprise birthday getaway! you are too cute! i can totally picture james freaking out about being back to work! he's so professional! i'm glad you had a great time! happy bday james! i must say....the shirt was AWESOME!

Jake and Shannon Box said...

Holy Cow I want to be your husband. What a thoughtful wife he has. It makes me excited for when my husband turns thirty. What a fun and spontaneous birthday!!!! Props to you!

Ariel said...

Awwwwesome! Is this the kind of cool stuff you get to do when you get an income? I can't wait!
Happy 30th Birthday Dr. Dreams.

Jill said...

Oh my heck Kristina you are amazing. Thanks for the ideas when my sweetie turns 30. James has the best wife ever. What a super fun trip!

Emily J. said...

YOu are such a cool wife!!! Way to go on making it memorable. I am excited about your new house too.

Meg said...

Happy belated birthday James! He has the most thoughtful wife in the world! Nice work Bean!

Michelle said...

Can I marry you Kristina?!! Amazing!