Trayden

Trayden

Beckham

Beckham

My One and Only

My One and Only

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible. It cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any other material possession ever could."

Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 years of fun!!

I can't believe we have been married for 4 years! It goes so fast! It seems like it has not been that long but at the same time I can't imagine my life without him. He is my everything and he makes me so happy.
We had a fun little date night out this year. James planned the whole thing and it included dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and seeing Twilight. (yes, what a good hubby) It was a fun night out and I just love it when we get date nights. I surprised, no shocked James by going into his work the night before our anniversary and decorated his office with balloons and treats galore. I was waiting in the parking lot as he left- it was an adrenaline rush. LOL. I love doing surprises. I decided it would be fun to write a letter for each year we have been married. It was a lot of writing but after the writers cramp subsided it was worth it. It was so fun to look back and remember what we have been through. We have had some good times, hard time, funny times, and sad times but he has always been by my side and that has been the best part.
Here is a small, very watered down summary...
Year one: After a long- distance dating career and world wind engagement we were married and moved cross country to Ohio to live with his roommate to finish his lease. LOL. It is true- it was a very funny situation. After moving into our own place James was a busy 2nd year and so that meant I NEVER saw him. I spent plenty of time trying to distract him from studying to hang out with me and it worked most of the time. We had a blast, were a little stressed with school and work, got a dog so I wouldn''t be so lonely (sigh), gave our dog away cause he was adorable but crazy (sniffle), James took his boards, moved again to a new place, enjoyed married life, and had fun hanging out, eating out, watching movies, going to Buckeye games, and being together.
Year Two: A much slower paced year for James but still intense. He was seeing patients and loved that part of it, we had fun with our dental buddies, got pregnant and I got to be a stay at home pregnant mom (the best thing ever), had James slave away on the nursery and the house (nesting phase), had fun enjoying our time together while it lasted, took a babymoon to Cali, tried to prepare ourselves for what laid ahead (not possible)
Year Three: Had our little Tray, well first survived labor, fell in love with him and being parents, loved him to pieces but didn't love the colic and screaming, had some rough days where we thought we wouldn't make it, had each other to get through it, got through it and suddenly the sun was shining and we had a happy baby, adored Tray and had so much fun being with him, lots of trips home to show him off, James was busy getting ready for graduation, boards and more boards, took lots of trips trying to decide where to live, and yep finally...Graduation from Dental School.
Year four: Moved back to Utah to be with family, James got a new job, loved his new job, adjusted to having a income (not to hard to do), decided to build a house, enjoyed little Tray not being so little anymore, missed the baby stage but the toddler phase is a blast too, enjoyed the cleaning up of messes and chasing him around constantly, envied the energy he had or has, loved the giggles and smiles, moved into our new house and loved it, decided to get pregnant again, enjoy family and being together as a family.
Year five: Who knows...All I know is that I will have my true love and best friend by my side, and little Tray as my shadow (I love it) and a new little baby to keep me busy. Life is so fun. Honestly, this is what I always wanted but never thought I would get. I love my family and they love me.
Thanks honey, for all you do for us, for being patient with me, and loving me unconditionally. You are more than I could have ever asked for and I still to this day don't deserve you.
I love you.

No comments: