This is very belated at the rest of my blog is but better late than never. We were in a mad furry to get these rooms done thinking I would go into labor at any moment. Nope turns out we had plenty of time but we didn't figure that out until we were done. Well at least it forced us...I mean James to get it done very quickly. I am SO thankful to have such a talented hubby! He is amazing and did a GREAT job!

The beginning of Beckham's nursery...

This stuff was so complicated and it turned out better than I could have imagined.

I wanted to do something bright and drastic. I am such a earth- tone, neutral person but I wanted to do something outside of my comfort zone. I love it! So happy and bold.

The finished product.








I am so happy with the way it turned out. I cannot thank my Husband enough he worked so hard and so many hours to get this done in time for the baby. THANK YOU HONEY! I loved the color scheme and the more modern/retro flare that is has. Now I am just anxiously waiting to get the crib in there so I can add the matching crib sheets, bumper and hand made pillows. I am not rushing Tray out of his crib though, that is for sure.
The beginning of Tray's new big boy room...


My dedicated slave.


My adorable little helper.


The oil based paint that nearly killed my hubby.
The finished product.
Tray said he wanted a green room so I went with this hue. I love love the window and toy bench. So practical and so cute and don't worry we have a very serious lock on that window.

Tray loves his new room and so do I. Thanks Babe! I still plan on making cushions for the window seat, pillows, bedding, and painting the dressers but that can wait for now :)

I love hiding all his toys inside. Brilliant!
Some other fun projects I did while in my nesting phase:

Car seat cover. Yes, it matches Beckham's room.
My very first quilt. It was a big challenge for me but I love how it turned out.
Some coordinating throw pillows. I fell in love with the Riley Blake fabric.
Can't wait to get the crib all put together. I guess it gives me something to look forward to. Thanks again to my hubby. I sure love nesting but I think he dreads it. It means lots of work for him :)



3 comments:
oh my heck you guys! these rooms look like they came straight out of a magazine! they both turned out adorable...and perfect! i love the bright colors in the nursery! did you make the mobile?? so cute! so, one day when we have somewhere permanent to live we might hunt james down for project help...and you....i'm so amazed at your sewing skills! way to go on all your projects!
Oh my gosh, such great projects, your house looks amazing! Can I move in....
I am in complete AWWW! You two are so talented it is unreal! Those rooms are adorable. I don't know how you made Beckhams quilt but I wish you could teach me. I am so impressed. Where in the world did you find the time to make everything???
Post a Comment