Trayden

Trayden

Beckham

Beckham

My One and Only

My One and Only

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible. It cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any other material possession ever could."

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our story...

So October 4th I went in for my 38 week Doctors apt. and was dying to see if I had progressed at all. To my surprise I was dilated to a 5 fully effaced and she said my bag of water was bulging. WHAT the??? She said she thought I was lucky if I made it through the next couple of days. She said if I felt any pain or had any contractions to go to the hospital. That is what was so strange I was barely contracting. I was having about 2 mild contractions every hour. Weird??? But I didn't mind it, it was nice and comfortable. I was freaking out and super excited! I love the thrill of labor- never knowing when it is coming. It is so much fun! One of the only things left in life that we can't plan and the best surprise and ending...a baby! I called Brooke who was also freaking and suggested I go straight to the hospital so I could for sure get my epidural. SO this made me feel a bit more frantic but I still felt surprisingly calm. I told James and Tray who picked me up and we made a phone cal to Grandpa. It was about 12:00 at this point so we told him to come around 2:30. We had lunch and I packed my things. It was so strange how calm we felt. With Tray I was in a lot of pain at this point and a little stressed out. This time I was loving life and as comfy as can be. SO anxious to meet the little guy though.

Tray's last picture as an only child.

Took some photos with Tray before he became a BIG brother!
The Hospital- Mckay Dee
Dad with our gear.
We headed to the hospital at 3:30ish and got there around 4:00.
Let the fun begin...
I got checked in and they checked me and I was a 5+ and they decided to keep me ;) Good call. The contractions were picking up but took forever to get regular. By the time I got to the delivery room they were reg about 5 min apart. This was around 5:00 or so. Then came the epidural which KILLED!!! I was balling- James said the doc sure did a number on me and was a little rough. I survived and felt amazing after. I can't believe how numb I got. I am pretty sure I didn't have much epidural with Tray cause I could always move and feel my legs with him. This time around I was not taking any chances- I was nice and numb. I couldn't even move my legs a very odd/scary feeling. I kept progressing but very slowly. They came in and broke my water and things got going. At around 7:30 I was at a 9 and doing great.


My mom and sis came by which was so fun since we didn't get visitors in Ohio with Tray. They got there and sure enough they checked me and I was at a 10. WHAT?? Freak out moment. I kinda got nervous at this point. I had such a hard time pushing with Tray (1.5 hrs) and I was scared. After some tears and oxygen I was calmed down and ready to go! I said goodbyes to Mom and Sis and hunkered down to push. James was amazing as he was with Tray. He is so sweet and accommodating. He just strokes my hair and holds my hand. He offers some gentle encouragement and was so cute! I felt incredibly lucky at this point to have him there with me. SO...I started pushing at 8:43 and he came out at 8:48!! YES 5 MINUTES!!!! Holy cow! It felt like about 20 but it was great and so much better than last time. It was such an amazing experience all over again. I can see why people have like 10 kids. All the pain and discomfort is so worth it when you get to hold that sweet little baby. He was precious and I loved every moment of it. James and I just hugged each other and little baby and it was the perfect moment. I didn't let them take him and weigh him until we got settled in our room. I was so in love instantly. It is crazy how instantly you love them and how much you love them. It is so special and I feel so blessed to be a mom all over again. He weighed 6 pounds 11 oz and was 19 inches long. He was bald with the cutest little face and dark blue eyes.


After much thought and deliberation we decided to name him Beckham Hale Hillstrom.
We love the name Beckham and Hale after my family.


I love love his toes.



Mom and Beckham


The proud Daddy

The introduction.
Grandpa Hillstrom. Notice the mask my Mom made everyone wear. I take after her. I am such a germ freak! Better safe than sorry.
My boys.


Tray keeping himself busy as usual.

Heading home at last.

We told Tray during my pregnancy that when baby brother came he was going to bring him a toy, whatever he wanted. Tray decided he would like a garbage truck from baby brother so we made sure that he had one waiting for him at home.He was so excited to finally get it after so many months of waiting. He was so cute he kept saying Thank you baby brother.

Getting settled in at home with 2 boys, well actually 3 boys. I was so out numbered but so ecstatic!! Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Wow! I am so excited for you! He is so precious and perfect! Congrats and good luck! Those boys will be best buddies--I just know it:)