Trayden

Trayden

Beckham

Beckham

My One and Only

My One and Only

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible. It cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any other material possession ever could."

Monday, April 12, 2010

It is Big-boy potty time!

Tray has been expressing some interest in the Big- boy potty recently. He will pull me to the toilet and say "up" so we started putting him on there occasionally and he would do his thing and seemed to be pretty excited about it. So we thought maybe we should get him a little potty and give it a try. He was really excited when we bought it and went in it all by himself 4 times that day. I of course have to help with the pants and everything. The next day he wanted nothing to do with it which was totally fine b/c I definitely don't want to pressure him. I know it will happen when he is ready but it doesn't hurt to have it around right? We have had it for a couple of weeks now and it is growing on him. Somedays he loves it and some days he doesn't want anything to do with it. Now he runs to his potty and says" Big boy potty Trayden" all proud! It is really cute. The other day I took off his diaper for a bath tub and he ran off and found him on the potty going all by himself. He even grabbed some TP and attempted to wipe. I thought it was adorable. It is funny the things we get all excited about!
I think he has gotten the concept down now so that is a plus. Yesterday in church James left sacrament to go to the restroom... when Tray asked where Daddy went and I replied that he was going potty he exclaimed loudly, " Daddy Poopy bum potty". He said that about 5 times really loudly and after a couple of smirks from on lookers I was able to distract him with some snacks. It was pretty funny! I don't even know how to spell Poopy. Anyways, he is not shy at all. I am proud of his progress and get giddy about the idea of no more smelly diaper changes. I guess I should do my part and ask him more to go or put him on the potty more but lets be honest it sounds like a all day job and I have just not been up to it lately :) Then I think of a world free of diapers and suddenly feel very motivated. Ha ha. Hopefully I won't have to make very many more trips to Costco for 200 diapers! Love ya Tray! What a big boy I have!

1 comment:

Brad and Britt said...

haha! I love that he says "up" to get a better look at the big boy toilet! I can't believe how big he is getting! He is adorable...