Trayden

Trayden

Beckham

Beckham

My One and Only

My One and Only

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible. It cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any other material possession ever could."

Monday, January 26, 2009

We wish you a Merry Christmas!! Part 2

Finally we were off to The Hillstrom's! We had so much fun staying with them. Thanks for putting up with us for an entire week and being so willing to let us take over your house and convert it into Babyville. Tray was spoiled with hugs and kisses and he was loved it! Trayden was reunited with Grandma and Grandpa. They were so sweet with him, and it was so neat to see them interact with him. He loved every minute with them. We miss you guys!I think it is safe to say Tray got the Hillstrom's blue eyes. Those will definitely come in handy with the ladies. I know James's did :) More cuddles with Grandma.Tray's little buddy, Anniston. They were so funny together. She was just scoping him out, not quite sure what to think, a well-mannered little girl. Tray was the wild man that wanted to play...hmmm, he must be a boy!Christmas again? We were so blessed and got to have more Christmas fun!

You have to have one of the classic bow-on-the-head photos. Dad didn't really like Tray rocking a bow, but at least it was blue, right?

Trayden enjoying his new toy from Uncle Ryan and Uncle Dave. Thanks guys! He loves it!

The new Mommies with Grandma and Grandpa.

The Boys! Mike, Steve, James, Dave, and Ryan.

Bath time at the Hillstrom's. Bath time is part of his bedtime routine every night. Tray loves it. I think he has almost outgrown that seat though.

Uncle Ry and Tray-dawg. Just taking it easy, watching some football.

We finally completed the hardest puzzle ever. I think it took us a week to finish and I think it was like a 5000 piece puzzle. Jk, it felt like it though.

The finished product. Beautiful! It was all about Team work :)
Great Grandma Bradshaw and Tray. She has a way of always getting him to smile and giggle.


Here they are again, just being cute! They are going to be so much fun. I love having so many cousins that are so close in age. I think it will be so great to have each other growing up.

Tray with his very first Christmas book. I decided to start a tradition and give him one every year.
Christmas this year was one of my very best. There is something about having a child that opens up your eyes to what really matters and what life is really about. All of a sudden, you live each day for them, you would do everything and anything to bring them happiness and joy. You live each moment anticipating their smile and going to creative measures to make them laugh. Their happiness is your own. We are so blessed to have such a happy, fun- loving baby. Christmas was so special this year and just having Tray around I couldn't help but think about Baby Jesus and his birth so long ago. Having Trayden around has brought a new spirit into our home and into our hearts. Babies are so naturally in tune with the spirit. For them the veil is so thin, and we are just so fortunate to feel that special spirit that surrounds them. He is a great example to me of unconditional love, happiness and living in the moment. You know when you see that smile spread across his little face and see his eyes light up with happiness you are witnessing something special, something that is pure, untainted, sacred joy. what a gift it is to have that spirit to be around every day. I think I have a lot to learn from him. I am sure looking back I will find that he has taught me more than I could every teach him. I love him more than I ever knew I could love something. Parenthood is truly what life is about and I can't wait for what the future holds. I know it will just get better and better but in the meantime I will be enjoying every moment with my angel baby. I am so grateful for all our wonderful family and friends. I am so blessed to have the good news of the gospel in my life. To have the Savior in my life and that solid foundation that keeps me anchored in such a inconsistent world. I can't wait for next Christmas but I promise to cherish every day in between. Thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome, for taking time to be with us, and for all your generous gifts and more importantly the wonderful memories. We will always cherish this very special Christmas, Trayden's first Christmas. I love you all.

No comments: