OK.So I just had to post about my adventures flying with Tray. Bless his little heart, we have been flying all over the US. First it was to Utah. On this LONG flight he was such a good boy. I was optimistic and prepared for anything. I had all my brand new toys ready to bust out at a seconds notice, and lots of treats on hand. Within 30 minutes of our 5 hour flight the man sitting in front of us turned around and asked if I could control my kid so he would stop kicking his chair. At this point I lost it and the tears started flowing. Not out of anger, but just desperation and the realization that I still had 4.5 hours left sharing one crowded seat with my adorable but hyper baby. The reason of this post is not to be negative or mad, I actually thought I would post about it b/c at the end of the day it is pretty darn funny. An adventure that Tray and I won't ever forget. I must add that I don't hold Tray responsible for any of the events that took place. He was just the innocent victim and he simply just wanted to have fun and explore. I love this little guy :) Anyways, with that disclaimer lets continue. Sigh, we made it to Utah thanks to a generous lady that lent me her DVD player so we could watch cartoons. I know I have a no-TV policy but it finally got Tray to sleep and we were both very grateful. Utah was so worth the hassle but man I was dreading another plane ride home.
The ride home was just as exciting. On our first flight to Arizona I was so lucky to sit by an amazing woman who was on her way to adopt a little baby. She helped me tremendously!! I wish I got some info so I could really express my appreciation. I said about 5 prayers before boarding the flight and I knew she was the answer I was looking for. About half way into the flight Tray starting grunting and I knew it could mean only one thing...a dirty diaper. No biggie right? It turns out is was a massive blow-out! A biggie! It was all over his pants and onsie and of course I didn't have an extra outfit (duh Kristina) so Tray rocked the diaper for the next 4 hours. He loved it! I got a couple of strange looks but nothing serious. I just hoped that would be the last dramatic occurrence for that day. The flight back to Ohio was pretty good. We had 2 whole seats to ourselves and sat by a little 10 year old girl. Another prayer answered. She pretty much entertained Tray the whole time. He is so drawn to little kids, he just thinks they are funny. He had one minor screaming fit and I had some minimal tearage but overall it went smoothly. WOWZA!
Lets fast forward 2 days and we are once again packing to board a plane- yikes! As we were driving to the airport I said to James, " I just hope I don't cry on this plane ride." Biggest understatement of the year!! As we were going through security, James put Tray back in his car seat which was rested on the X ray belt. If there is one thing that Tray hates it is his car seat and the car. So naturally the second James put Tray in the seat he tried to get out. The car seat rocked forward and down went Tray and then the car seat right on top of him. It happened so fast that I just saw him on the floor under his seat screaming. It was so horrible and I immediately started screaming and broke into a frantic sob. The paramedics came running all 5 of them with a stretcher and crash cart. They looked him over and he did not have one scratch or bruise on him. It was seriously a miracle. He probably fell 3 feet onto concrete covered with carpet. Poor James felt horrible and I was a wreck. Let just say that the medics said they were more concerned about me than Trayden. Oh goodness, it was crazy. It was such a blessing to know that he was okay. I must say the plane ride seemed like a piece of cake after that incident and it was so nice to have James there. I didn't even cry on our flight home from Florida and the worse thing that happened was that we left the house at 5:30 am to get a call stating that our flight was cancelled and we got to sleep in- awesome! Oh and I left my phone in the rental car, big deal! In closing, flying with a 9 month old is not something I would do everyday in fact I would not do it every month either. But I have some pretty comical stories to share and lots of memories that make me smile. I am sure when Tray is all grown up I will look back on these hectic times and wish he was still that wild, curious little boy sitting in my lap :)



No comments:
Post a Comment