Trayden

Trayden

Beckham

Beckham

My One and Only

My One and Only

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible. It cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any other material possession ever could."

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Graduation: June 7, 2009

Where it all began...

The Ohio State University

Where James spent all his time...

The beloved auditorium
The Dental Clinics


James's lovely locker

Postle Hall

Their friend at Wendy's...where they ate almost everyday for 4 years. YUMMY!


What a hottie dentist!
It finally came... Graduation Day! Four years of hard work, dedication, long study hours, mean professors, and stress, but it all paid off and James did it! He is a DOCTOR!!! I am SO proud of him. Words cannot even express how much I admire him for all his endurance and hard work!
Going into the whole thing I had NO idea how difficult Dental School would be for him or for me. I actually got the easy end of it :) It has been quite the journey and there were definitely some days where James asked me if he was crazy for going through all of it. His first year was pretty tough (we were dating at the time). It was an tough transition and lots of credit hours. He studied every night until way late. Of course I complicated that a little with our 6 hour phone calls. Oops. Sorry Babe!

The White coat Ceremony.

Dating during his first year of school. Lots of phone calls, and weekend get-aways!



Studying all the time during his second year. I would come home from work and find him here with his books! All the wives would joke around and say that we were basically single that year b/c we never saw our hubbies :( It was really hard and I missed James a lot!!

A great day when he got the throw his anatomy book away!! Not really but at least he didn't have to read it every single day.




What a cute Daddy! He even had to go to school the day after he was born to see patients. Good thing I delivered at OSU so he could go back and forth alot.
My two boys exhausted.


Third year was much more relaxed but still stressful b/c now he was working on patients. This was when I saw James come alive, he didn't really enjoy studying at all but he loved working on patients. I loved hearing all his stories about the people he met and how he helped them. His patients LOVED him!! He would come home will all sorts of stuff. Food, chocolate, cards, pictures, and more. His patients became friends to us and gave us cute baby gifts and hand-made blankets. I was so proud of James for being the type of a person and Dentist where patients feel like friends. He has a real gift with people and they instantly love him. It was fun to watch him get all excited about his procedures and how they went. Of course there were always some hard days and interesting patients but overall he was having a blast! Third year was a lot of fun for me to watch. I felt like he was really becoming a Dentist and to see how much he loved it was so rewarding.

James with some of his favorite patients.


The boys.


James coming home after a long and stressful weekend in Cleveland to taking his licensing exam. It was a long weekend for him. James said "It was the most stressful thing he has ever had to do" that was a direct quote!


Our surprise BBQ for the guys! They were one step closer to being Doctors! Yahoo!


And finally here it is- Graduation! That day was a day of mixed emotion. I was so excited for James and for our future but a little sad to be moving on. When we got there and I saw James in his cap and gown all the sadness went away and I was just so proud of him and so happy. It was so special.
James is such an amazing person and he has a passion for Dentistry that I know is going to bless so many lives. I am so proud of you Babe. You did it! I love you more than anything and I can't believe I was so blessed to find you and be your wife forever!

It was such a huge moment for us. We had been looking forward to this moment for 4 years and it was so emotional and so exciting! We have come so far together and James is amazing. I know he can do anything he puts his mind to. I couldn't be more proud to be his wife.
Dr. Hillstrom and Tray.

The Hillstrom family. They were so amazing and helped me the entire graduation ceremony so I could see James walk. Thanks to everyone and especially Ryan for being there when I needed him. I have the best in-laws ever!

James with his buddies. These boys have had some fun times and I know they will be friends forever!
The guys all decked out in their graduation get-up!
The wives. I love these girls and miss them so much!
James with his proud parents.
All the Hillstrom family boys. Mike, Steve, James, Ryan, and Dave.

LeeAnn and Aniston with James. It was so neat to have everyone from his family there. Thanks for making the long journey and being a part of our special day.

Our little family who I love so much.
Tray being cute as usual.

The whole crew.

Looking back at some fun Buckeye times! We are so proud to be Buckeyes!

The Toothball.
The tough guys.


Buckeyes for life! One last shout out to Dr. Hillstrom! I'm s proud of you Babe!!

2 comments:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Miss you too Kristina!
I love the picture of Tray and James together when Tray was tiny and they were wearing their Buckeye gear.(with "go bucks" on his little bum) So sweet!

heather said...

I love this post!! It's so fun to watch all four years go by!! Great idea ... I might steal it in a few years. :)