The morning of his birthday! Fun toys and a 6 hour drive back to Ohio from Kentucky! He liked the gifts but not the driving.
Tray loves the swings and the park!
Tray in his big-boy seat complete with a cup-holder!
More swings! We spend a lot of time at the park now- so fun!
My little birthday boy!
Yes, It's true! I have a 1 year old boy as of this past May! A 1 year old that happens to be the cutest, happiest, most active and curious little boy I have ever laid eyes on....and I am so happy he is all mine! Time has flown by and now he is a toddler. I am still in denial about it. How did that year go so fast? I remember, just yesterday bringing him home from the hospital. All bundled up and as tiny as ever. He was an adventure right from the beginning. I remember that first night home he screamed- I mean screamed all night long. We were frantic and I was balling. We were thinking something must be terribly wrong for him to be so upset. He was a angel at the hospital. Maybe he didn't like our house?? We were in a panic and called our pediatrician several times and even called the hospital to know if they had any idea what was going on? Lets just say it was a rough night and from the second we brought him home he has kept us on our toes and even though at times is was exhausting it has been AMAZING! Now we look back and laugh- if only we could have recorded that on video. James and I frantic, Tray screaming, and we were running around doing everything possibly to soothe the poor little dear. I learned very quickly he needs to eat and he needs to eat NOW! LOL. It was not all chaos and sleepless nights (although those lasted for a really long time- about 9 months) The second we brought that little spirit into our home our lives changed forever. There is something so special about him, something so sacred about having a spirit so fresh from Heaven that clarifies everything. It is something I can't describe it is a feeling only felt, and in that instant you feel you might explode with joy and emotion, and you realize how meaningless your life is now that you have him. You realize that you have a new life, a new purpose and it revolves around that little baby. It was such a happy, special time and I can say that I have never felt to close to the spirit. He has brought me more joy than I ever knew was possible. He gives me purpose, he is my purpose and I love him more than anything.
Trayden came to this earth with so many special gifts. He has the special ability, like his Dad to being happiness to others. Happiness comes so naturally for him. Since July 24th (his first smile) he has pretty much been wearing it ever since. He loves to giggle and laugh. He has always been a very social baby and seems to get joy out of making others smile too. He is also super smart ( I am sure every Mom says that but he really is) He was always a really alert baby. I remember people always saying how he was so alert for his age and seemed to be older. One lady told me she thought I had a genius baby :) I couldn't agree more. He has always been SO active and so curious and so he seems to catch on really quickly. He was always doing things ahead of schedule ( I know that doesn't make him a genius but I think he is special) he crawled at 6 months, walked at 10 1/2 months and know he is reading...JK. I am so proud of him and all that he has learned so far. It is so fun to watch him discover things, he loves it!
He is having a blast being 1! He is all over the place, walking, and even running now. Somehow he figured out how to spin and he even tries to jump. It ends up being a big bend in the knees but it's so adorable. He does this superman move where he moves his arms back and forth across his chest like he is whipping his cape. It is so funny! He can play patty-cake and is starting to do the itsy-bitsy spider. He loves to play Hide-and-Seek. I go hide and he comes and finds me. He loves books! His favorite toys are: his golf clubs, He can even hit his little play ball. He thinks it is so funny when Grandpa and Daddy do pretend swings. He busts up laughing. He loves his football and ball. He has learned to kick along with throw. He loves his little vacuum toy and is obsessed with putting lids on things. Oh, his other new obsession is keys. Without us even showing him he grabbed the keys and was trying to put them in the doorknob where the keyhole was. He is very observant. He is starting to use a fork now and always insists on drinking from a cup although it gets all over him. He loves anything grown up and dangerous- go figure. He loves my cell phone and the computer. He loves cords and plugs- not good! He is a very sensitive little boy and if we even say, "Tray we don't play with that" he gets sad and does his cute pucker face. It just melts my heart. He is very in tune with your moods and can always sense if someone is trying to correct him. He just lives to please us. I hope this last well into his teenage years :)
He is very animated and is always making silly faces. He is still very attached to his bottle and we just don't have the heart to take it away. He loves to do his sign language for milk, eat, more, and all done. He has started saying some words and can say "boon" for balloon and dada, mama. He got his very own big-boy car seat. It was a big day that we had been looking forward to. Tray has always hated the car and so we thought maybe in a forward-facing seat he would love it. I must say he still does not like the car but I think he does better. He sure looks cute in it and enjoys looking out the windows and pointing to things. He is so much fun and I absolutely love my little sidekick. We are best buds and have lots of fun all day, everyday. I can't believe a whole year has past, it has been so special. I know the future holds so many more fun memories. We love you Tray! Happy one year!



No comments:
Post a Comment