Trayden

Trayden

Beckham

Beckham

My One and Only

My One and Only

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible. It cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any other material possession ever could."

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mammoth Caves: May 27-29, 2009

We decided to get away one last time before everyone moved away so we went to Kentucky! I never expected Kentucky to be so beautiful! It was so green and lush. Thanks to the Defay's for putting it together and finding us such an awesome cabin.

We stayed in this cute cabin right on the lake. It was so amazing!
Check out this lake. I am such a lake person. I would love to live right on the beach.
Our little family.
Tray loved being there and having a new place to explore. He loved having Noah and Carson to play with too. I think we could have stayed there a whole week.

We visited Mammoth Caves National Park. This was so cool. It is the world's largest underground cave. It was massive!

It got a little snug at times and I think the whole tour was like 5 miles or something. Michelle, Ariel correct me if I am wrong. Anyways, it was seriously one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Camping is such a blast! There is something about being out by a fire that makes you feel so relaxed and content. James turned into a cave man and was in charge of creating the fire. He loved every second of it.

Eating Boy-scout dinners and smores. Yummy! One of my favorite meals!
Oh yes...the FIREBALLS! Michelle had this crazy idea and although I thought they seemed a little dangerous they were pretty neat. Michelle is so hard-core when it comes to camping :)
Yeah, can we say "Yikes" I was a little nervous. I didn't muster up enough courage to try it but I think it had something to do with working in the burn ICU for 4 years.
My girls. I love you guys. Can we go back please?

The boys! They had a blast skipping rocks, building fires, and doing boy stuff! It was such a fun time, I wish we had longer to get away. We should make this an annual thing. I was blown away by Kentucky and it's beauty. It just couldn't get any better. Good friends, good times, and good laughs! Just what I needed.


2 comments:

Meg said...

Looks like a blast! I wish I could live on Lake Powell. We are so happy and excited for you guys and the new adventure that is starting. I can't wait to pictures of your new place in Utah :)

Marie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! How was graduation? I hope all is going great for you guys. Where did you move again?