So last weekend I did it! I ran my first half-marathon,13.1 miles and I actually survived! I was thrilled about that. It was such a blast and such a rush! It was such a rewarding experience. Me and my friends had been training for 9 weeks. I had some obstacles to get over and didn't train as much as I should have so I was a little nervous. Plus I have a bad knee that was giving me some issues. So you can imagine how ecstatic I was when I crossed the finish line. Thank goodness for knee braces, I-pods, and girl power! It was a big race with over 5,000 runners. It was so much fun to run with that huge crowd and have people cheering you on along the way. We kept our energy up with lots of Goo, Gatorade, and yelling! Honestly the shouting is what kept me going along with the cute little kids that were so excited when they got a "high five". Also my running clan. These girls were hard core and kept me going. When I got tired they were there to cheer me on. Thanks girls! I love you guys! We averaged about a 9.5 minute mile. This was a huge accomplishment for me since I was just hoping to finish and aiming for a 10 minute mile. That is what happens with Girl power!

The finish line. During the last mile I just kept thinking of seeing Tray and James. I knew they were there waiting for me and I was so excited to see them! James was so cute and made a poster for me (he even busted out my ink pads and rubber stamps) and got little pom poms and whistles to cheer me on. That's not it, he even made a cute little iron-on shirt for Tray that said "Go Mommy, I love you!" What a sweetheart. What a awesome, thoughtful husband. It made my day. Thanks honey!

Team Girl Power! That is what we call ourselves and that is what we shouted when the going got tough! Check out our awesome medals. It was seriously one of most fun things I have ever done. I was so happy to share it with these two. We showed that race who was boss ladies!

Yeah, check out our muscles and our really tough faces. You don't want to mess with us :)

Michelle and I.

Our cute little boys waiting for us at the finish line.

Our biggest fans! Tray, Noah, and Carson.
That night we had to go out for a carb-fest to celebrate! We hit up Olive Garden and went all out! It was delicious, food has never tasted so good. We even wore our medals and put our name down as Team Girl Power. Ha, Ha, we are nerds and I love it! It was so fun! I love half-marathons and I can see how people get hooked.
6 comments:
9.5 mile average ... you're pretty much amazing!! Congrats! Yay!!!
way to go bean! You are making me tremble for the Ragnar race that Brad and I are running in a month!
Yeah Yeah it was the best run of all time. Go TGP! I am so glad you kept the cheering going the whole way. It was awesome. What will I do when we don't live by each other anymore? I think I will cry.
Congrats to you! I can't imagine the rush from finishing that. You are amazing Bean seriously. Good for you.
**When do you come to SLC?**
That is too fun! I saw this post on Ariel's blog and was so proud of you guys - that looks like a blast! Maybe one day I can be as amazing as you and Ariel. :) Nice job!
Way to go Mamma! You are incredible. That's quite an accomplishment. You are such an over-achiever. ;)
Post a Comment