Trayden

Trayden

Beckham

Beckham

My One and Only

My One and Only

"Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible. It cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any other material possession ever could."

Monday, August 3, 2009

Our 3 year Anniversary! 7/1/09


I better start off by saying...BEWARE!! This post contains Extreme Cheesiness and may be hazardous to your health ;) Okay with that being said, Hooray we have been married 3 happy years! I can't believe how the time has flown by. It has been the HAPPIEST time of my life and I am SO blessed to have found such an amazing husband. How did I get so lucky?

James surprised me with roses and a date night! Yahoo we don't get these very often. James took me to our favorite place. The Roof. Where do I even begin? It is a buffet, need I say more? If you know us, you know that we LOVE food. Plus the atmosphere is awesome and so romantic and the company couldn't get better.
I love you honey, thanks for putting so much effort into our night. With Tray being at the grandparents for the night we got to relax and enjoy a whole night alone. It was great! Although I really did miss Tray and couldn't stop thinking about him.
My beautiful roses. Two dozen-yowza! I also got the sweetest card ever. I am a sucker for cards. I told James he never needs to buy me anything and that all I really want is a card. Of course it has to be a long, sweet, corny card :)

I thought we would take a stroll down memory lane and look back at the wonderful 3 years. Brace yourselves, this might be a long one.
Aw, yes! Where it all started... Cingular. I had a broken phone and had been neglecting taking it in for weeks. Finally I decided to just stop in and get it over with. I ventured in and recall seeing a very handsome man behind the counter with striking blue eyes and a great smile. He looked up at me and I about melted. I remember thinking, "he is way out of my league." He was so nice and I gave him my name and he pulled up my account, etc. etc. I couldn't fix my phone that day so I told him I would come back when I was able to get some other info he needed. He gave me his card and told me when he worked. I left and was thinking he was a major hottie. Meanwhile, he claims he thought the same about me. It turned out that I ended up getting a text from him saying,"would you be angry if a Cingular employee stole your number out of the computer?" What a sneaky devil. LOL I played it off cool but I was overjoyed. What a rebel. He risked his job to ask me out...super cute! To make a long story short- we went out and had a blast. Our first date was 2 drive-in movies. I remember at the end of our date he mentioned that he was leaving in 2 weeks for OHIO. WHAT??? Oh, great. I finally meet my prince charming and he is moving across the country. Go figure. It turned out James stayed the 2 weeks and then stayed another 2 just for me. He had some OSU season tickets that he sacrificed to be with me longer. I guess they were awesome tickets and it was a BIG sacrifice. I didn't quite realize it at the time but once I moved to Ohio and saw what a HUGE deal football was, I felt pretty grateful. What a cutie huh?
We had a blast dating and did the whole long-distant thing. Not the easiest thing but it was so fun! I made lots of trips out there and he came home as much as school would allow him.

We had fun sending each other packages and letters. This was a awesome poster I made him. He sent me cookies, letters, gifts, emails, we did it all. It was seriously so much fun!

This is getting corny I know. Sorry. One weekend get-away to Ohio. I surprised him by decorating his room while he was at school with tons of reasons why I love him. I told you it was cheesy.
I think our record was 7 hours. Yeah, lots of phone calls. I felt bad b/c he was such a poor dental student and I know those bills were not cheap.


Such a romantic, thoughtful guy who was always doing sweet things for me.
Then the wonderful day came and he proposed. It was April 18, 2006
James hates this photo. I made him do that corny pose :) Earlier that day he gave me a cute Easter basket and in each egg was a coupon for something cute. One was a back massage, one was a song on the guitar, etc. etc, Then later that evening he took me to temple square where we were going to meet up with some friends (not true) but he suggested in the meantime we take some photos. I of course was thrilled about that, when does a boy ever suggest to take pictures. Here our some of our photos.
Then as it got darker he told me he wanted to take some over behind the temple and he led me to a secluded bench. There was his guitar, a letter, and a yellow rose. So cute. I was so confused. I knew he was going to pop the question but I had no idea it was coming. He wrote me the sweetest song on his guitar and sang it to me. I had been begging him forever to sing me a song. He asked me if I had my coupon with me. LOL. He told me how much he loved me and got down on one knee. It was so special and we were both balling. I of course said yes and then discovered that his whole family and all his friends were there waiting for us. We all celebrated and it was perfect. The greatest day.
Newly engaged and SO-O in love.

Showing off the ring.
Our engagement picture.
We were married July 1, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple. It was so amazing and special.

Some wedding day photos.

Apparently we like kissing each other. You know how newlyweds are :)
After a great and exhausting wedding we took off to a surprise location...CANCUN! James planned the whole thing and I had no idea until we got to the airport. See what I mean, he is so thoughtful.

What a blast!
And before you knew it...
Then a little while later (about 1.5 years later) we were prego. Of course there is a lot of wonderful, happy stuff that happened in between. It would take a really long post to go over all of it. These are some of the highlights :)


Then we welcomed our little angel baby into our family. It was such a sacred experience and I love being a Mom. It has brought me and James so much closer. Parenthood is not easy but it is the best thing I have ever done. Our little guy has brought us so much joy, it is indescribable.

Our new little family.

How did I get so blessed? I love my family and feel so fortunate.

Basically, my hubby is Da' Bomb! I mean he is such a hottie but he is also so humble, genuine, sincere, sweet, and thoughtful. He is my bestest friend and biggest support. He makes me laugh everyday. Marriage is awesome It is so amazing to have that companion who knows you better than you know yourself sometimes and yet he still loves you unconditionally. I always have someone to share everything with- it is the best! He loves me even when I act like a girl and get emotional or when I don't have time to make dinner. I know life is not easy and we will have some rough days but I know our love can overcome anything. He treats me with so much respect and love. He makes me feel special and valued. I really feel like we are meant for eachother. I love him more than anything and I am so excited to be with him forever. Forever doesn't seem long enough :)
I love you honey. Thanks for making the last 3 years the best 3 years of my life. I look foward to many more. You spoil me rotten :)
P.S. I think you are hot!!

1 comment:

cheeks said...

kristina! this is such a sweet post! you really did pick a great hubby! i remember your wedding day....coming to the reception and thinking you had to be the most beautiful bride i'd ever seen! seriously! congrats on 3 years!

James, i mean, Dr. Hillstrom! you have a fabulous wife! you guys are such a cute couple! Jill called me today and said she had a funny story to tell me...it had something to do with you being her dentist?!?! or something like that! funny!! hope you're doing well!